Hi Healthy Living Junkies! You hear people talk about “Being Healthy”, “Eating Clean”, but what does it really mean to be healthy? How do you truly achieve a healthy lifestyle? Many people think being healthy is getting to the right body weight and losing the extra pounds of body fat they were holding on to…. and they can finally stop making effort, get off the “clean eating”, stop exercising or go to the gym, and their body will maintain itself. I hate to break it to you, but that is not true. I’ll be the first to admit I believed that I could stop trying to “be healthy” once I reached my goal, and my body will stay the same.
The truth is, living a healthy lifestyle is literally what it means: TO MAKE IT A LIFESTYLE. In order to stay healthy, be fit, and be in good physical and mental shape, you must constantly work at it.
Health Living Tips
1) Eat healthy: Making healthy foods choices is one of the most important, if not the most important, thing you can do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Look for foods high in fiber, which will keep you feeling full fast, as well as low in Glycemic Index (GI), which will help prevent your blood sugar from spiking.
2) Drink plenty of water: Drinking water helps keep you hydrated and flushes the impurities from your body. Many times we mistaken thirst for hunger. Aim to drink half of your body weight in oz of water. Here’s a video on why drinking water is important for overall health.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercising regular not only helps you look better in clothes or on the beach, it also helps keep you strong, supporting your bones and improving your physical function. Weight lifting will help build shapely legs, thighs, butt, and flatten your core, as well as prevent osteoporosis, protect your back and neck, while preventing injuries.
4) Minimize toxins: Minimize your exposure to toxins by using PBA free products, buying organic foods, and using the “green” version of cleaning supplies. A great DIY cleaning solution for everyday household chores is vinegar and water. Check out this site for more ways to use this everyday inexpensive household item to clean your home. You can also minimize toxins by eating organic foods. Learn which produce have the most chemicals in this article.
5) Reduce stress: Stress is the silent killer in our modern life. It leads to premature illnesses, as well as unbalanced mental health. Exercising helps alleviate stress by allowing you to have a healthy outlet for it. Some great ways to relax are yoga, meditation, or simply relaxing with your eyes closed for a few minutes so you can regroup, decompress, and get centered.
Healthy living will keep you fit, strong, and improve your quality of life. It is the best way to stay in shape while being happy and healthy. =)
Hi Healthy Living Junkies? Do you stay up or feel tired all the time? If you answer yes, you are hurting your weight loss progress. Can staying up late making you fat? Absolutely! Can you actually LOSE WEIGHT BY SLEEPING? Yes! In this video, Annie talks about why it is important to get adequate sleep in order to lose fat. When the body is not getting enough rest, it is not able to optimize many essential functions, including metabolizing calories and fat quickly.
It is important to get plenty of beauty sleep so your body repair itself and increase your metabolism. Eating the right foods also helps to jump start metabolism. To learn what foods will jump start your body to repel fat, click here.
Hi Healthy Living Junkies! We know water is good for us, but did you know why? Here are 10 Reasons to Drink Water.
1) Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
2) Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite. If you are trying to lose weight, you need to drink water. It will keep you full, flush out toxins and impurities, and increase metabolism. To find out what are the best foods to help you maintain healthy body weight, lose weight, or burn fat, click here.
3) Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration. Drinking more water will help you stay energetic all day. Reach for water instead of just coffee or energy drinks to stay hydrated.
4) Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer. Drink water for your health.
5) For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
6) Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
7) Water can prevent and alleviate headaches. Many headaches are caused by dehydration. Stay hydrated and keep the headaches away.
8) Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance. Water is great for healthy skin and improving skin tone.
9) Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
10) Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
How many cups of water do you drink a day? Share with our community in the comments below and make sure to subscribe to my free newsletter! =)