Hi Healthy Living Junkies! You hear people talk about “Being Healthy”, “Eating Clean”, but what does it really mean to be healthy? How do you truly achieve a healthy lifestyle? Many people think being healthy is getting to the right body weight and losing the extra pounds of body fat they were holding on to…. and they can finally stop making effort, get off the “clean eating”, stop exercising or go to the gym, and their body will maintain itself. I hate to break it to you, but that is not true. I’ll be the first to admit I believed that I could stop trying to “be healthy” once I reached my goal, and my body will stay the same.
The truth is, living a healthy lifestyle is literally what it means: TO MAKE IT A LIFESTYLE. In order to stay healthy, be fit, and be in good physical and mental shape, you must constantly work at it.
Health Living Tips
1) Eat healthy: Making healthy foods choices is one of the most important, if not the most important, thing you can do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Look for foods high in fiber, which will keep you feeling full fast, as well as low in Glycemic Index (GI), which will help prevent your blood sugar from spiking.
2) Drink plenty of water: Drinking water helps keep you hydrated and flushes the impurities from your body. Many times we mistaken thirst for hunger. Aim to drink half of your body weight in oz of water. Here’s a video on why drinking water is important for overall health.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercising regular not only helps you look better in clothes or on the beach, it also helps keep you strong, supporting your bones and improving your physical function. Weight lifting will help build shapely legs, thighs, butt, and flatten your core, as well as prevent osteoporosis, protect your back and neck, while preventing injuries.
4) Minimize toxins: Minimize your exposure to toxins by using PBA free products, buying organic foods, and using the “green” version of cleaning supplies. A great DIY cleaning solution for everyday household chores is vinegar and water. Check out this site for more ways to use this everyday inexpensive household item to clean your home. You can also minimize toxins by eating organic foods. Learn which produce have the most chemicals in this article.
5) Reduce stress: Stress is the silent killer in our modern life. It leads to premature illnesses, as well as unbalanced mental health. Exercising helps alleviate stress by allowing you to have a healthy outlet for it. Some great ways to relax are yoga, meditation, or simply relaxing with your eyes closed for a few minutes so you can regroup, decompress, and get centered.
Healthy living will keep you fit, strong, and improve your quality of life. It is the best way to stay in shape while being happy and healthy. =)
Let’s stay connected!
- Youtube http://bit.ly/1fTAhiy
- FB http://on.fb.me/1n4uaw8
- Pinterest http://bit.ly/1sB8ThK
- Instagram http://bit.ly/1nNd1ub
- Twitter http://bit.ly/1lQyyS8
- Google + http://bit.ly/1hhEtN6
- Tumbler http://bit.ly/1lWKOyO
Make it a Healthy Day,
Healthy Living Junkie
“Remember, being fit and healthy is a marathon, not a sprint. And I am here with you every step of the way.”
#fitlife #fitness #workout #healthy #anniechang #healthylivingjunkie #instafit #weightloss #burnfat #gymlife #chickswholift #americanstyle #followme #fitnessmodel #fitspo #getfit #instahealth #fitnessaddict #bodybuilding #strong #training #tflers #fit #healthy #muscle #fitchicks #weightloss #igfit #cleaneats #eatclean #healthyliving #cleanmeals #weightloss #resolutions #motivated #motivate #determination #motivation #nofilter #truth #awesome #foodporn #food #foodie #foodpic #recipe #healthymeals #eat clean #yum #yummy #nomnom #lunch #dinner