Hi Healthy Living Junkies! With a new year comes New Year Resolutions to make noble changes to our lives. Many people vow to start exercising, lose weight, stop smoking, drink less, save more money, learn a new language, spend more time with family, and many more. And yes, I am one of those people. Every year, I create a huge list of New Year Resolutions I would like to accomplish in the new year, lofty goals and vows I make to myself.
Here is a partial list of my typical New Year Resolutions:
1) Lose weight – Yes, I am guilty of over indulging during holidays too. Check out this video to see what I do to lose weight fast.
2) Learn a new language – This has been on the list for over 8 years now… It just carries over each year
3) Walk more, drive less – This one has been difficult. The closest grocery store is a 15 minute drive up hill, and there is no accessible public transportation. =(
4) Spend more time with family – I have been doing pretty good with this one, I’ll admit. =)
5) Wash the dog more often – I’ll admit, my dog hates bathes and I hate giving him one… we are on the same page.
6) Wash my car more often – I promised my good friend and mechanic I would take better care of my car. And I know, rain is not the same as a car wash.
7) Remember to water the plants – My plants were not very happy last year…
This year, I decided instead of trying to make all the typical new year resolutions, I am going to make simple easy changes. Why? Simple. Because it is the little things we change that triggers the big ones. I recently read a great book, The Power of Habit: What we do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg, and research shows big changes are powered by little seemly unimportant little changes. So this year, I vow to make little changes in my life.
Here is my New Year Resolution:
1) Smile more – It is so simple, yet sometimes we forget to smile. Smiling elicits warmth, friendliness, kindness, and let’s be honest: We all look better with a smile on our faces. Plus, smile lines are so much more attractive than frown line, right? =)
Yes, that is my one new year resolution for 2014. Smile more.
With a smile on your face, you are more approachable, more happy, and other people will respond to that. I was at an Indian restaurant yesterday and my boyfriend and I walked in an hour before they closed. It was a slow night, and I could tell the staff was tired and ready to go home. A woman comes out with our drinks, and we make eye contact. I gave her a big warm smile, and her face light up and she returned a big warm smile back at me. It was awesome! We started talking, and we made a new friend. Everyone was happier, and it was a pleasant evening for everyone.
Share with me your new years resolution! =)
Let’s stay connected!
- Youtube http://bit.ly/1fTAhiy
- FB http://on.fb.me/1n4uaw8
- Pinterest http://bit.ly/1sB8ThK
- Instagram http://bit.ly/1nNd1ub
- Twitter http://bit.ly/1lQyyS8
- Google + http://bit.ly/1hhEtN6
- Tumbler http://bit.ly/1lWKOyO
Make it a Healthy Day,
Healthy Living Junkie
“Remember, being fit and healthy is a marathon, not a sprint. And I am here with you every step of the way.”
#fitlife #fitness #workout #healthy #anniechang #healthylivingjunkie #instafit #weightloss #burnfat #gymlife #chickswholift #americanstyle #followme #fitnessmodel #fitspo #getfit #instahealth #fitnessaddict #bodybuilding #strong #training #tflers #fit #healthy #muscle #fitchicks #weightloss #igfit #cleaneats #eatclean #healthyliving #cleanmeals #weightloss #resolutions #motivated #motivate #determination #motivation #nofilter #truth #awesome